About Me

❤♫.•*☼*•..♥☼♥..•*☼*•.♫❤ I am a Christian and I love God. He's first in my life. My name is Deborah. I've been married to my best friend, Superman, for over 30 years. I have 3 grown children, sweet daughter in law, awesome son in law, A beautiful granddaughter and 2 handsome grandsons. Life as a wife, mother, mother in law and Nana. Loving the changes that are happening in my life!

❤•*☼*•♥☼ Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name forever and ever.♥•*☼*•.❤

Friday, February 9, 2018

The Beginning

On December 9th, I went to my consultation with Dr. Spencer at Weight Loss Center at Chesapeake Regional.

A few days before my appointment I received a phone call from his office saying that my insurance company approved my surgery. Talk about being shocked! We had decided to try and pay cash for the operation. This was such a blessing to hear.

So, Doug and I went to my appointment and I weighed in and then talked to his assistant. Then Dr. Spencer came in. He talked to us about the whole process. I have learned details I had no clue about.

And the process begins. I have a list of things I have to do before the surgery and I'm excited and nervous but I'm ready for this.

I hear people say all the time....weight loss surgery is the easy way out. I laugh about that statement but it truly confuses me. I would love for someone to explain to me what is easy about only being able to eat 1oz of food at a meal. What's easy about having to go on a liquid diet for a week to more before surgery. Going to the hospital and being put under and having your stomach cut, intestine cut and glued back in another position. What's easy about not being able to drink 30 minutes before or after eating. Having to crush up all your medicines. Having to work your way up to drinking 64 ounces of water a day but not filling up at meal time on liquid. Not being able to have anything but liquids for at least a week up to 2 weeks and then moving to baby food(puree) stage for a month. Then to soft stage food. Not being able to eat regular food for 6 months to a year. To never be able to eat certain foods again for fear of having dumping syndrome. There's also the chance of losing too much weight.  Before you tell someone they are taking the easy way out, do some research. 

Just to make it clear, I'm not having this surgery to get "skinny". I've never wanted to be "skinny". I want to be healthy. I want to stop taking insulin & metformin. I want to stop using my CPAP machine. I want to do things that I cant do now. I want to be able to go places with my husband and take the stairs. I want to spend time with my grandchildren and do fun things. That's why I want to have the surgery.

I've had people try and guilt trip me into not having the surgery. God made me but I put the food in my mouth. It's not going to work. This is something I and my husband have discussed for years.

“Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” Anonymous
“Improvement begins with I.” Anonymous
1 John 4:19 We love because God first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment